Friday, August 17, 2012

Skin Job! My debut collection!

Ladies, Gentlemen, Spirits, and Beasts,

I proudly present my debut poetry collection, Skin Job, now available from Minor Arcana Press!

Minor Arcana Press is the brand-spanking-new poetry imprint of Squall Publishing, and Skin Job is the first collection on the label. As part of my book deal, I have been appointed Creative Editor of the press, which means branding, recruiting authors, social media marketing, shmoozing, and no small amount of magic.

Skin Job is chapbook-length, consisting of 21 poems about monsters, horror, and science fiction. I hope it will lead the way for horror + sci fi poetry to be taken more seriously by the often stuffy academic establishment.

Here's the book trailer. With this, I officially throw down the glove to the poetry community and say, "Bring it on." This is more than an announcement; it's a short art-horror film, and should be watched full-screen in a darkened room:




And here's the book cover, featuring the breath-stopping artwork "with the Modern," from the brilliant (and generous) collagist and photographer Rosamond Purcell:




I've little else to say. The book release party + press debut gala happens on Sept. 7th, 7pm, at Richard Hugo House, Seattle.

I'm quickly booking readings/performances, so if you want me to do that for/near you, please check out my gigs page.

Stay lovely,
EJP
Author, Skin Job
Creative Editor, Minor Arcana Press

1 comment:

https://twitter.com/#!/drbajoghli/ said...

Hi nice Post written by you guys. It is amazing and wonderful to visit your site.

Fertility Cult