Monday, June 11, 2012

Simplicity & Innocence

Loves,

A woman in my shamanic writing circle brought up her love of this poem by Shel Silverstein. As a person who writes and reads work that is often quite dark, cerebral, and experimental, I sometimes forget the power of the simple and the innocent. I wish my life were more like this:


 


I love you, Shel Silverstein. Thank you for all you did for kids and families. By the way, readers--Silverstein is best known for his children's verse, but he wrote plenty of "adult" work as well, such as his work for Playboy magazine and the wickedly delightful Uncle Shelby's ABZ Book. I admire those artists who create magnificent works for children as well as distinctly mature work for other adults.

Stay lovely,
EJP

Reading:

Listening:

Watching:

No comments:

Fertility Cult